Friday 13 March 2015

Stock Photography

Alamy is a stock photography website in which photographers can sign up to upload their work and make a profit on each photograph that is sold from the website. Signing up while a student will give 100% of the profit that is gained for the first two years however I will need to use the code in order to be registered as a student. After the first two years I will then receive only 50% of the profit so I am going to work on building a collection of photographs that can be uploaded to Alamy and then sign up for it as I am graduating so that the profit is increased for longer while I am still establishing myself in the industry.

Alamy is free to sign up for
It helps with learning about the industry and what photographs are going to sell
Will also improve my organisational skills
I can receive email support and social media help if needed

My work will be placed higher in the search results if I get more views on my work. For new applicants I will be placed in the median range and then my work can either go down or up. To be able to get more views I will need to be original and create new photographs that are not already available.

Keywording
If my work is not key worded it will not be viewed. More key words are better as there is more chance of being seen.
Use 'Specific' 'Literal' 'Conceptual' 'Descriptive' keywords, this is using keywords that describe the psychical or viewable aspects of the photograph and also the connotations of the photograph.

The average selling price is £125

There is also a list of approved cameras on the website, these are cameras with high enough quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment